Friday, February 12, 2010
Frances Slocum Native American Gift Basket.
Created by All Occasion Gift Baskets, LLC.
The producers of Frances Slocum: Child of Two Americas, William Bachman and Jonathan Pineno continually strive to provide up to date information and products as part of The Frances Slocum Project. They are currently working on a Frances Slocum: Child of Two Americas Teacher's Guide and a coloring book to add to the product line. A level 3.5 Frances Slocum: Child of Two Americas Concert Band arrangement with Narration was completed in April 2008 and is also available.
Included in the Frances Slocum Native American Gift Basket is this historically accurate account of the capture, life and times of Frances Slocum, the true story of a remarkable American woman. The 40-minute documentary film DVD was carefully researched, compiled, edited, and produced by professional educators William Bachman and Jonathan Pineno. Also included in the gift basket is a 40-minute CD Scored with hauntingly beautiful original music written by Jonathan Pineno which is based on many Miami Nation Native American musical themes. You will also cherish the signed copy of the Frances Slocum: Child of Two Americas Musical Score, a children's Book "Step into the World of Ancient Middle America", a 2-pack of Dream Catchers, one Sandlewood Candle, one Sandlewood Oil Diffuser, and a Native American Themed Scarf or Bandanna. (3lbs Actual Weight)
A purchase of the Frances Slocum Native American Gift Basket is your best bargain to get three of The Frances Slocum Project Products.
Order the Frances Slocum Native American Gift Basket Today!
Frances Slocum: Child of Two Americas Documentary Film DVD
* Written and Produced by: William Bachman, Florence Howanitz and Jonathan Pineno
* Running Time: 40 minutes
* Not Rated
Frances Slocum: Child of Two Americas, is the true story of a remarkable American woman. Frances was abducted at the age of five during the American Revolution. The Slocum Family looked for 60 years and found Frances in 1837 living as a prosperous Miami Indian matriarch.
The historically accurate account of the capture, life and times of Frances Slocum or Maconaquah, as she was known, was carefully researched and compiled by professional educators. The Musical Score by Jonathan Pineno includes hauntingly beautiful original music and adaptations of Native American music. Additional music was provided by the Twigh Twee Singers, Miami Indian Nation of Indiana.
Locations include the site of Frances Slocum's 1778 abduction in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, and her home among the Miami Indians near Peru and Wabash, Indiana. Most of the actors in the documentary film were amatuers, while some have worked professionally in other films and on stage.
When you watch the documentary film, Frances Slocum: Child of Two Americas, you will get a sense of what it was like to lose a daughter and gain one too. Frances Slocum is truly a remarkable American Woman.
For additional information, links, and behind the scenes photos go to www.francesslocum.org or call 877-208-9458
Order Copies of Frances Slocum: Child of Two Americas Today!
Frances Slocum: Child of Two Americas Soundtrack
Original and Native American Music to Lift Your Spirits! Written and Arranged by Jonathan Pineno
Translation of Drum Song Introduction: “Hello my relatives, we are the Miami People. We have always lived in the Miami Land, The drum is called the Twigh Twee. We would like to say thank you to all who have given to us, the old ones, the women and our children too. Listen! Sing!”
* 1 Drum Song, Flute Version: Miami Indian Song
* 2 Crane Song Fantasy in e: Tribute to the Miami Nation
* 3 Frances Slocum Opening Sequence: The Journey Begins
* 4 The Slocum Family: Transition to Abduction
* 5 Abduction of Frances Slocum: Beginning of a New Life
* 6 Crane Song Enhanced: Living with her new family
* 7 Mother Pleading with her sons: Promise to Find Frances
* 8 Tap A Lot Round: “I Love You” (Love of Land, People, Nation)
* 9 Tap A Lot Fantasy: Reflections on the Life of Frances Slocum
* 10 The Secret is Revealed: Conversation with Ewing
* 11 Organ Piece: Rev. Bowman discovers Frances
* 12 Crane Song Fantasy in g: Tribute to the Miami Nation
* 13 Tap A Lot Enhanced: Family Meets in Peru, Indiana
* 14 Crane Song Fantasy in d: Tribute to the Miami Nation
* Native American Flutes - Jonathan Pineno
* Piano/Organ -Catherine Chayko
* Trumpet - Eric Sandstrom
* On Site Recording: Hank Guzewicz, St. Columba Catholic Church
* Studio Recording/Mix Down: Jim Rising, Huntsville Sound (570)-674-4012
* Finale Assistant: Greg Riley
* Cover photos: Jonathan Pineno
* Narrated by: Deborah Dunleavy
Special Thanks to:
Bill Bachman & Florence Howanitz - CoProducers, Francis & Mariam Pineno for their financial assistance, The Miami Nation of Indians of Indiana, John Dunnagan, Allan Dunnagan, Erin Dunnagan Oliver, for their advice, guidance, allowing the use of songs by the Twigh Twee singers, and the experience of playing the “family drum”, Cathy Chayko for her musical gifts and sensitivities, Evy’s encouragement, Tom Stewart of Stellar Flutes for selecting my flutes, and the “great spirits” and God for the creative inspiration to write, record, and arrange the music for the Frances Slocum Project. For additional information about The Frances Slocum Project, links, and behind the scenes photos go to www.francesslocum.org or call 877-208-9458
Buy Copies of The Frances Slocum Project Soundtrack Today!
Frances Slocum: Child of Two Americas Musical Score
Original and Native American Music to Lift Your Spirits!
Written and arranged by: Jonathan Pineno
Frances Slocum: Child of Two Americas, is the true story of a remarkable American woman. This is the Musical Score by Jonathan Pineno that was used for the Documentary Film as background music and for the CD. The score book also includes the first page of the script signed by many of the cast members.
Table of Contents:
* Crane Song Enhanced: Tribute to the Miami Nation
* Frances Slocum Opening Sequence: The Journey Begins
* The Slocum Family: Transition to Abduction
* Abduction of Frances Slocum: Beginning a New Life
* Mother Pleading with Her Sons: Promise to Find Frances
* The Secret is Revealed: Conversation with Ewing
* Tap A Lot Enhanced: Family Meets in Peru, Indiana
Even if you don't know how to read music you will cherish this signed score!
Buy Signed Copies of The Frances Slocum Musical Score Today!